Friday 26 February 2010

Comment is limited

The Badische Zeitung has changed its discussion rules and it will no longer be possible for me to contribute to their online discussion using my online identity which they regard as a Fantasiename. But Jeckyll is who I am online. As it happens I've never joined discussion on Badische Zeitung so perhaps I'm being unreasonable complaining about feeling disenfranchised. It's almost as though free speech is being denied. Not that it really is, but I'm good at the irrational.

Their arguments are much more rational and set out under the heading Kommentieren Sie unter Ihrem richtigen Namen! But Jeckyll is my real name in the electronic world. First name and surname are for the paper world. I hope others don't follow their example. And yes, you can still use whatever name you like to comment on this blog and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts and helpful suggestions are welcome. Just write your comment in the big box and a name in the small one. Enter a verification word if requested. Comments are moderated.